Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Art - Zentangle

Art:


Manga Pasifika doodles:
Zentangle - Meditative doodle that has patterns and tangles, combined.
Basically doing a “zentangle” but specifically basing it around Manga and Pasifika. - 
(possibly including Art Nouveau and kowhawhai)


Tasks - 
Try drawing a zentangle using this "link" mixing the kinds of arts into one art piece.
(Here is my really bad drawing)


With my drawing (Zentangle), I used anime as my base and the details inspired by kowhaiwhai. 









As you can see in this photo I used the hair as the base for all the kowhaiwhai art. 
I used mostly warm colors.

These clothes are meant to represent the kowhaiwhai culture, because it 
originated in New Zealand. I used traditional maori clothes.
 





On her face I added a moko, I also made her a necklace that I often see in major haka
dances on the girls. I gave her fully black eyes to represent a goddess as her hair is flowing
in the air like a goddess.




Try to blend pencil colors:


Here is just a diagram I made using google drawings - 


4 comments:

  1. omg, this is above and beyond Rieya. I love it. That is really inspired using the female figure dressed traditionally. Thank you for completing this. You are very good with drawing and very thorough with how you put your work together. This will work well on Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing you then :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Rieya, I like the way you've integrated the koru into the hair. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, do not refer to your work as 'really bad' as it is not, and you should always be brave and back yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rieya you have a lovely curved line in your drawings, so much fluid movement, you work hard practising your art skills.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about